1. All equipment remains the property of Elegant Elements, 15 Wheeler Avenue, Upper Stratton, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 7HQ
2. DURING THE PERIOD OF HIRE, THE HIRER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HIRED GOODS and the Hirer shall at all times be responsible for insuring all goods, from the time of acceptance of the goods until the time it is returned and accepted back into the possession of the owner.
3. The owner shall not be responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property arising from the use of any equipment under hire. Elegant Elements shall in no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage or extra costs incurred caused by its negligence or other default in the performance of its duties.
4. In the case of non-account customers, a refundable sum is payable in addition to the hire charges and at the option of the owner may be used towards any monies due from the hirer to the owner. It is only refundable after all such sums have been deducted.
5. Shortage and damage to goods or packaging will be charged according to the full replacement value at the time of hire. Should the hirer wish to have any damaged goods returned for inspection the owner must be notified in within 28 days of the hirer being informed of any such damage. Otherwise, the said items will be disposed of. Any goods returned is at the hirers expense.
6. When the goods on hire are collected by or delivered to the hirer, the hirer shall inspect the goods and sign the owners delivery note. In the event of shortage or damage the hirer shall endorse the note accordingly at the time of collection or delivery. If the hirer fails to perform any of his obligations under this condition, any goods will be deemed to have been collected /
delivered in a clean undamaged condition.
7. The owner must be informed immediately of any extension in the hire period, and the hirer shall be charged extra accordingly.
8. Goods must be available for collection at the delivery address, unless otherwise agreed. All deliveries and collections will be charged for. Any extra expenses incurred where subsequent journeys are made necessary, will be charged accordingly.
9. No Goods will be accepted by the owner other than that which has been hired and specified on the collection note. Any goods returned which do not belong to the owner will be notified to the hirer. Should they not be collected within 28 days the owner reserves the right to dispose of them. Should the hirer wish to have them returned to them then it is at the hirers expense.
10. Any persons not the hirer, who signs a delivery / collection note is deemed to be authorised to do so.
11. All prices include VAT at the standard rate.
12. The hire shall be deemed to continue until the goods are made available to the owner or returned to their possession. In the case of a late return of hired goods on the part of the hirer a hire charge equivalent to the daily hire rate will be made available.
13. In the event of cancelled forward booking, 25% of the lost hire charges will be payable by the hirer to the owner. Any cancellations within 5 days will be charged at full rate.
14. We will make every effort to deliver and collect at the times requested by the hirer however although removal will be as promptly as possible, we cannot guarantee collection immediately after use from every venue at the same time. It is the hirers responsibility to ensure that the Chair covers are kept in a dry and secure place until collected.
15. Chair covers will only be counted on site at the specific request of the hirer to us in advance. A named representative must be present to check the goods with us and countersign the collection note. Failing this all items will be counted and checked upon return to our premises and our decision as to losses/damages will be final. In the case of items being collected by a third party carrier they are not authorised to check the goods and our decision is final.
16. ALL GOODS MUST BE RETURNED IN THE ORIGINAL BOXES OR A SUITABLE ALTERNATIVE